Badass dog names are bold, brawny and a great deal of pleasure.
In case you’ve got a powerful dog breed such as a Rottweiler, Pit Bull or German Shepherd, it may be cool to play with up the stubborn aspect and provide your puppy a challenging dog title.
Or, in case you’ve got a little and sassy puppy, you can attract the laughs with a ironic title that crack up people.
Whether you’ve got a Rottweiler guard dog or some Bolognese that resides on your handbag, you would like your puppy to have a solid name which can carry her with pride.
A good deal of dogs want demanding names. Well, not desire, just. However, a great deal of dogs look good sporting a challenging title –if it is a guard dog which wants a gangsta title to meet its brawny outside or a small, scrawny puppy which requires some street cred.
Badass Dog Names
Finding that perfect name for the puppy may be a hard process, but don’t worry — we are here to assist! Listed below are handpicked identifiers which can make your puppy feel as though she’s the power of a military.
Within the following guide, we will look to actual world and pop culture to get tough-name inspiration. Since dogs react best to two-syllable titles, Here’s a listing of two-syllable dog titles motivated by:
· Rappers, singers, and bands
· Names that mean tough things
· Mythological figures
· Tough sounding words
Badass Male Dog and Badass Female Dog Names
– Inspired by Rappers, Singers, and Bands
A lot of musicians adopt “gangsta,” outlaw images. Some of them are real, some of them are just acting up for the videos, but all of them have great names:
· Arcade (short for Arcade Fire, an alternative rock band)
· Dido (female)
· Fergie (female)
· Ice Cube
· Ke$ha (female)
· Pitty (female, a Brazilian singer)
· Twisted (short for Twisted Sister, an older acid rock band with a tough, “We´re not gonna take it” image)
· Waylon (a country singer with an outlaw image)
Strong badass female names for dogs.
· Bey (named after Queen Beyonce herself)
· Exene (in honor of the singer of the same name from LA punk icons X)
· Indiana (Indy)
· J.K. Growling
· Miss Beazley
· Rousey (named after Mixed Martial Arts fighter Ronda Rousey)
· Vicious Vicky
· Wonder Woman
Strong badass male names for dogs.
· Aragorn (like the character from Tolkien’s Lord of The Rings trilogy)
· Sid Vicious
Badass guard dog names.
Tough Dog names inspired by strong leaders.
· Davis (Angela Davis)
· Huey P.
· Joan of Arc
· Princess Di
Strong tough dog names inspired by sports and athletes.
· Cena (as in John Cena)
· Hagler or Hags (like the boxer)
Strong badass dog names inspired by pop culture.
· Andy Warhowl
· Bark Ruffalo
· Butch (like the boxer portrayed by Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction)
· Callahan (as in Dirty Harry, the hardboiled cop played by Clint Eastwood)
· Chopper (like the junkyard dog from 1986’s Stand By Me)
· Clubber (Rocky’s foil in Rocky III, played by Mr. T)
· Durden (as in Tyler Durden, Brad Pitt’s character in Fight Club)
· Dutch (Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character from Predator)
· Groot (as in the character from Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy franchise)
· Hooch (the dog from the 1989 Tom Hanks vehicle of the same name)
· Indiana Bones
· L.L. Drool J
· Luke (as in Luke Cage, the Marvel superhero)
· Notorious D.I.G. (or Diggie Smalls)
· Quint (the hardscrabble fisherman from Jaws)
· Red ( Morgan Freeman’s character from the film The Shawshank Redemption)
· Riggs (Mel Gibson’s character from the Lethal Weapon films)
· Snake (as in Snake Plissken of the Escape From New York movies)
· Snarls Barkley
· Strummer (as in Joe, co-founder of the band, The Clash)
· Washington (no one is stronger than Denzel)
Whatever the reason, we have badass dog names to provide you with the inspiration you need.
Male Badass Dog Names
If you have a boy pup and are looking for badass dog names, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got plenty of ideas you might just love.
· Ajax – a hero in Greek mythology who held off the Trojan army.
· Ares – The Greek god of war was certainly a badass.
· Ammo – Short for ammunition, Ammo is a strong, tough dog name.
· Axel – The name Axel just sounds badass, doesn’t it?
· Bane – With a mix of brute strength and exceptional intelligence, Bane is a super villain adversary of Batman. Of all the badass dog names, this one might just be the most unique.
· Beast – A big and burly name for your badass doggy.
· Blaze – When it comes to badass dog names, this shines the brightest.
· Blitz – Defined as “an overwhelming all-out attack,” Blitz is a great option if you’re looking for a sharp and strong dog name.
· Bones – It’s hard to envision a dog name that’s both badass and cute, but this one fits the bill.
· Bolt – Whether you’re talking about a small but tough fastening rod or the action of running fast, Bolt is a pretty cool dog name.
· Boss – Badass dog names don’t get much cooler than this. If your dog is truly a boss, why not name him just that?
· Bruiser – A brawny, tough name that might just be right for your pup.
· Brutus – Brutus is another baddie name.
· Bullet – If your dog is faster than a speeding bullet, then Bullet is a fun name to consider.
· Butch – Butch certainly sounds like a strong, cool moniker for your canine.
· Dagger – As in the short, swordlike weapon with a pointed blade.
· Danger – Badass dog names don’t get much cooler than Danger.
· Diesel – The dog name Diesel has risen in popularity the past few year, and we can see why. It’s strong but not outwardly aggressive.
· Fang – This is another great name that sounds cool and cutting – no pun intended.
· Goliath – As in the giant from the Bible.
· Gunner – A strong and sporty name.
· Hades – In Greek mythology, the name of both the underworld and the god who guarded it.
· Hercules – The divine hero from Greek mythology
· Hulk – The giant green superhero from the Marvel comics.
· King – No one messes with the King.
· Maverick – Defined as “a person pursuing rebellious, even potentially disruptive, policies or ideas.”
· Nitro – Short for Nitroglycerin, the highly explosive chemical.
· Pyro – If you’re looking for seriously badass dog names, Pyro (short for pyromaniac) is red hot.
· Rambo – As in the famous Sylvester Stallone character.
· Riptide – A tide that opposes other tides, causing a violent disturbance in the sea.
· Rocky – Inspired by Rocky Balboa, another tough Sylvester Stallone character.
· Rogue – This name is especially popular following the release of Rogue One.
· Samson – strong man from the Bible
· Sarge – The informal version of Sargent.
· Spike – This name is another one that’s both cute and badass.
· Tank – Tank just sounds like a cool name, doesn’t it?
· T-Bone – Same with T-Bone. It just seems badass.
· Titan – Titan has many definitions, including an ancient Greek deity and a person of enormous size, strength and influence.
· Thor – As in the Marvel superhero.
· Trapper – A sporty, athletic name.
· Vader – the villain from Star Wars
· Viper – A tough, stinging name for your pup.
Female Badass Dog Names
Girl dog names don’t have to be all cuddly and cute, especially if you have a pup with attitude. These badass dog names are strong and sassy all at the same time.
· Arya – badass assassin from Game of Thrones
· Athena – The Greek goddess of wisdom and war.
· Attila – As in Attila the Hun, the brutal ruler.
· Cersei – If you’re a Game of Thrones fan, you certainly know that Cersei is quite the badass.
· Daenerys – Another Game of Thrones character, Daenerys is gorgeous, strong and brave.
· Diva – If your dog has a bit of attitude, this is a great name.
· Elektra – Inspired by the Marvel character.
· Gamora – Another tough and talented female character in the Marvel comics.
· Harley – Whether it’s inspired by Harley Quinn, the DC Comics supervillain, or Harley-Davidson, the motorcycle manufacturer, Harley is a name with just the right amount of edge.
· Hera – A Greek goddess with a mean streak.
· Huntress – The female version of Hunter.
· Jinx – If you’re looking for badass dog names for your girl pup, this is unique and edgy all at the same time.
· Justice – Doesn’t this name just sound badass?
· Katniss – As in Katniss Everdeen, the heroine of The Hunger Games.
· Leia – No one doubts the power and courage of Princess Leia from Star Wars.
· Medusa – A monster described as a winged human female with living venomous snakes in place of hair.
· Mystique – The blue, shape-shifting baddie from X-Men.
· Queenie – A fun and sassy name.
· Raven – A gorgeous and strong name that’s perfect for a dark-colored furbaby.
· Rebel – Defined as a person who resists authority, Rebel is one badass dog name.
· Ripley – Inspired by Sigourney Weaver’s character in the Alien franchise.
· Sable – This name just sounds cool.
· Sarah Connor – The strong female lead in The Terminator movies.
· Sassy – A name with a whole lot of attitude.
· Sheba – Inspired by the Queen of Sheba.
· Starbuck – As in the badass character from Battlestar Galactica.
· Trinity – A strong-sounding name for a female dog.
· Ursula – Let’s face it: Ursula, the villain from The Little Mermaid, is quite a baddie.
· Vixen – Defined as both an attractive woman and a quarrelsome lady. Either way, it’s pretty badass.
· Xena – As in Xena: Warrior Princess.
More Tough Dog Names
Tough Fighter Badass Dog Names
These tough dog names come from fighters including boxers, wrestlers and MMA athletes.
· Hulk or Hogan
· Rock / Rocky
Outlaw & Gangster Dog Names
Some of history’s greatest outlaws and gangsters can make for some unique and cool tough dog names.
· Bonnie – Bonnie & Clyde, famous bank robbing couple
· Bugsy – Bugsy Siegel was a gangster who help develop Las Vegas
· Butch – Butch Cassidy, a famous train & bank robber
· Capone – Al Capone was the boss of the Chicago mob
· Clyde – Bonnie & Clyde
· Colombo – Joe Colombo was the boss of the Colombo Crime family in New York.
· Dillinger – John Dillinger was a bank robber during the depression.
· Escobar – Pablo Escobar, famous Colombian drug lord.
· Gambino – Carlo Gambino was the boss of the Gambino crime family.
· Genghis or Khan – Genghis Khan was a fierce warrior who ruled the Mongol empire and raided other settlements.
· Gotti – John Gotti was boss of the Gambino crime family.
· Hickok – Wild Bill Hickok was famous gunslinger
· Jesse James – The infamous American outlaw.
· Lansky – Meyer Lansky developed a gambling empire for the mob.
· Pancho – Pancho Villa was a Mexican Revolutionary general
· Vito – Vito Genovese, leader of the Genovese crime family.
· Wyatt – Wyatt Earp was a famous gunfighter.
Can this record give you some ideas? There are a whole lot of new bands I have not placed on the record –in case one of these has a title which gives the vibe that you would like to the dog, look at using it. Again, just remember that great names for a puppy must be two syllables, such as those from the listing above. “Chamillionaire” could be a cool title, but it is not something you should expect your puppy to react to.
I’ve got a pitbull, and also individuals today give her distance, even though she’s the sweetest thing on the planet. I purchased a spike collar she seems even harder when walking about on our day walks.
Outlaw Dog Names
Here are famous outlaws, both real and fictional, that you can name your dog after. The suggested name is in bold—for example, for “Baby Face Nelson,” it’s much easier to call “Nelson” than “Baby Face.”
· Bonney: Billy the Kid’s last name
· Bonnie: from Bonnie and Clyde
· Lizzie Borden: ax-murderer
· Butch Cassidy: bank and train robber
· Al Capone: the boss of the Chicago mafia
· Genghis Khan: founder of the Mongolian Empire. Though not everyone considers him an outlaw, it’s impossible to deny that he killed thousands of people.
· Jesse James: murderer and bank and train robber
· Theo Kojak: NYPD detective lieutenant from the 70’s TV series
· Baby Face Nelson: murderer and bank and train robber
· Robin Hood: fictional English outlaw who stole from the rich and gave to the poor
· ‘Tila: short for Attila, the Hun who ruled over a huge swath of Asia and Europe in the 400s
· Darth Vader: fictional villain in Star Wars
· Pancho Villa: famous general in the Mexican Revolution
· Vlad the Impaler: the prince of Wallachia who fought the Ottoman Turks
· General Zod: fictional villain in various Superman comic-book series
Or you can avoid all of these and just call him “Outlaw” or “Bandit.”
This might not be for everyone, but you could always name your tough dog after a notorious prison:
· Chino: a state men’s prison in San Bernardino County, California
· Folsom: a state prison near Sacramento, California
· Hatfield: a men’s prison and Young Offender’s Institution in Yorkshire, UK
· Lompoc: a federal men’s prison in California
· Parchman: the oldest maximum security men’s prison in Mississippi
· Raiford: Florida’s state prison, which houses its execution chamber
· Rikers: New York City’s correctional facility, which sits on Rikers Island
· Sing Sing: a maximum security state prison in New York
· Yodok: a political prison camp in North Korea famous for its human rights violations
As soon as you find a name, get your tough puppy a name tag. Be sure to include your cell phone number on the tag. His or her life may depend on it some day.
Also talk to your vet about a microchip the next time you visit.
Tough Guys From Mythology
Here are famously tough men and women from various religions and Greek and Norse mythology:
· Ares: the Greek god of war
· Atlas: the Titan in Greek mythology who carries the world on his back
· Ajax: a hero in Greek mythology who was so strong and skilled in battle that he held off the entire Trojan army at one point during the Trojan War
· Bacchus: the Greek god of wine. I am not sure how tough this god was, but he did get up every morning and throw another party, never taking a day off to nurse a hangover.
· Hades: the Greek god of the underworld
· Hera: as Zeus’s wife, she was the queen of Greek gods. Known for her vengeful personality, Hera is the mother of Ares, mentioned above, and Eris, the goddess of discord.
· Loki: a Norse god or giant, Loki is a shapeshifter famous for causing trouble. After being punished by the gods, who tie him up with his son’s entrails and leave him under a venom-dripping serpent, his convulsions are said to be the cause of earthquakes.
· Maia: one of the daughters of Atlas who helped teach Bacchus as a child and eventually turned into the constellation Pleiades.
· Neptune: the Roman name of “Poseidon,” the Greek god of the sea. This name is a great choice for a dog that likes water
· Samson: a biblical man of superhuman strength
· Shaitan: Satan’s Arabic name
· Thor: the Norse god of thunder
· Titan: Titans were the Greek giants of incredible strength who preceded the Olympian gods
Tough dogs do not need to hang out at the gym and pump iron, but it helps. | Source
And there are a few words that just sound tough:
I called my pit bull “Ajej,” that is the Moroccan Arabic word for”sandstorm.” Which might not look hard enough for many individuals, however, the storms in northern Africa are ferocious enough to induce grains of sand in your flesh, and now I’ve observed bikers eliminate control of their bikes when struck with these winds. That is a challenging storm.
There are a Couple of rules you need to bear in mind when picking out any Difficult puppy:
· Do not neglect to select a name which includes just one or two syllables. A whole lot of great names with a couple of syllables didn’t create this record. A good deal of folks would love to get a dog referred to as”Dillinger,” for instance, but titles more than two syllables are not simple to use for orders. Obviously, in case you’ve got a very long name which you truly enjoy, you ought to use it, but make sure you discover a fantastic nickname.
· Don’t use any title which sounds like the title of a puppy you currently have.
· Don´t provide your new pet a title which seems like one of the coaching orders –“Grit” can be rough, but it seems too similar to”sit”! Should you offer him a title which sounds just like one of the basic commands, then he’s going to become confused and not play when he needs to. Not one of the pet titles I’ve indicated in this list seem like some other controls.
· Give your puppy a name which controls some respect and steer clear of the puppy names I wouldn’t use. Most demanding pet lists will urge movie names such as Rambo and Rocky. There are worse options, but I wouldn’t need to create my puppy undergo his entire life with a title like this.
· Don’t name your puppy”Puddles” following a collision in the carpeting. It could possibly be funny in the beginning, but can get old real quickly.
· Don’t fresh your new pet with a few of those dog names that are overused. Cody and Buster might seem great, but they’re also likely to become among the most frequent titles you encounter when you choose your puppy into the park or into the vet. Your pet is a person, and also the last thing he wants is to be another Harley. Each dog deserves a special name!
For much more inspiration to mention a puppy. You would like to be certain that you give your puppy a name you will enjoy for a life. Take your time and select carefully; your puppy will thank you!