Best Horse Names
Naming horses is Not Easy, However your horse’s title might stay together with him , and that means you would like your horse names to be quite a great one. Even though your horse could include a documented title, his window name is the way everybody will come to understand him.
A fantastic barn title is simple to announce, memorable, and also a fantastic match for the horse’s character. In case you’ve got a gelding or a stallion in need of the ideal title, you can find some inspiration out of the beneath horse names.
The Best Name for Horse or Foal
Perhaps You’re needing a title to the new foal or Perhaps You’ve Just be the proud owner of a horse and you fancy a title change?
No matter the reason, choosing a fantastic horse title, your buddy will love just as far as possible, is among the most significant activities in regards to getting a brand new horse!
Selecting a title that perfectly matches your horse could be tricky… Where can you start?
Well, you are in luck, because we have established a listing of the very best, hottest and most special horse titles which have featured our website through recent years.
What is more, we have got the best horse names for both boys and the best horse names for women, in addition to a rundown of the most well-known titles by strain.
Popular horse titles are constantly shifting, so we see every thing In the exotic — such as Xeta Maria — into the conventional — such as Jack, and people adore All! In the imaginative to the candy and simple, there is Jump to be title on the list which you’ll love!
Top Female Horse Names
Pretty female horse names are always going to be popular, however, we noticed a strong trend for names ending in an ‘e’ sound; they’re nice and girly, but not too much!
We also noticed that most people prefer to give their horses human names, in contrast to the old tradition of giving our animals names more obviously associated with pets.
We think this is pretty fitting, considering they’re as much a part of the family as any other member, so why not give them a name that suits!
Top Male Horse Names
These popular and classic male horse names are always in fashion. In fact, over the years, we’ve seen very little change in the boys’ names that take the top ten spots. Naturally, some names come and go, but they all tend to have a classic and gentle aspect to them.
Of course, not all of us are into giving our horses human names and there are some that are far from common. Here are some of the best unique names we discovered, that could only be fit for a horse!
Most Unique Horse Names
- Snow Feet
- Night Sparkle
Ok, so there’s 11… because we couldn’t leave out ‘Night Sparkle’!
If none of the above take your fancy, don’t worry! Our horse name inspiration doesn’t end here…
Here are the most popular horse names, sorted by the top 10 breeds.
Horse Names for Cobs
Friendly and reliable, cobs are often the most popular horses on site for this very reason – have you owned a cob with one of these names?
Top Names for Arab Horses
Arab horses make for the ideal riding companions; they are tough, strong and learn quickly. Plus, their loving nature means you’ll have a friend for life! These popular names mirror their personalities perfectly;
- J S Hypnotica
Names for Irish Sport Horses
Famous for their strength in showjumping, these popular names for Irish Sport Horses reflect their Irish heritage and showjumping background;
- Silver Jasper
Top 10 Names for Connemaras
The Irish influence can also be seen in some of the most popular names for the Connemara horse…
- Linvanton Aengus
Top 10 Horse Names for Appaloosas
Much like their distinct appearance, some of the most popular names for Appaloosas reflect their uniqueness. We’re not surprised to see ‘Spot’ appearing in the top 5!
Top 10 Names for Paint Horses
These powerful names are the perfect match for the strong and intelligent Paint Horse;
Names for Dutch Warmbloods
Dutch Warmbloods are well-known for their strength in Olympic dressage events – these stunning horses are certainly deserving of these regal names;
Names for Thoroughbreds
This breed of ‘speed-machines’ is synonymous with racing, and there are definitely some strong racing horse names appearing in this list…
- Happy Jack
- Morgan Galaxy
Names for Welsh Section A Horses
The Welsh Section A horse is the founding breed for the Welsh Pony, so we were not surprised to see some strong and traditional names among the most popular horse names for this breed.
- Oxney Jack
Names for Shetland Ponies
Cute and cheeky by nature, cute and cheeky by name – we think these popular names are the perfect match for the small, but perfectly formed Shetland Pony breed!
- Twinkle Feet
No matter if your Stallion is a successful racehorse, or just likes to trot around eating hay and carrots, we have some perfect male Horse names for him.
In this list of names for male horses, you will find a perfect moniker for any colt, stud, gelding or stallion you come across.
Popular Gelding and Stallion Names
If you choose any of these names for your horse, he’ll be in good company. These are some of the most popular names for geldings and stallions that you’re sure to hear time and time again.
Tips for Naming Your Own Gelding or Stallion
After naming your gelding or stallion, you will quickly Find that a few names match your horse even though some do not. If you have just experienced your horse for a couple of days, think about waiting a while before deciding on a title.
Spend a week or two getting to know your horse and you’re going to get a better feeling of his character and what titles will best fit him.
Make Sure You follow along with best practices since you locate the Ideal name. Start looking for a name which others and you may declare. Test names out — how readily can you shout out them when you are phoning your horse from throughout the area?
Avoid names that sound like orders. For example,”Mo” seems much like”No” and”Whoa,” and it may confuse your own horse.
Ordinarily, one- or – two-syllable titles are easy to declare and have a tendency to make fantastic choices. Otherwise, you might end up coming up with a nickname to the horse along with ditching his name.
There Are Several Ways to find some inspiration if naming Your horse. You may name him following his jacket colour, a distinctive indicating he’s, or possibly a custom or behavior he displays.
It’s possible to name him following a hobby which you like, a favourite star, or anything different that is significant in your own life.
Consider cities and countries that hold importance for you personally, or figures from your favourite TV series or film. Occasionally certain words on your favourite song lyrics may result in good names.
Do not limit yourself just to the English language, either. A word in a foreign language may result in a fantastic title, particularly if your horse’s breed appears in a different nation. Do a bit of research in your horse’s history and you may be surprised with some gorgeous title ideas.
If your horse has a registered title, you can Look for it for inspiration, also. Consider taking components or topics from the horse’s name and determine which kind of a barn title you may produce.
If your horse does not have a documented or name, Then you are searching for double the fun and have to think of the ideal barn title and reveal name. Display names are inclined to be fancier and more than barn titles, because they are actually only used on enrollment documents and in the ring.
For those who know the titles of the horse’s sire and dam, then you may produce a series name which mentions both of these honoring his bloodlines.
Consider how easily known and pronounced your Horse’s show name is going to be — reveal ring announcers will thank you for picking Something simple that they can declare.
If You’re going to be registering your horse name, then check with the strain’s registry to get specifying specifications.
Some Registries limit the amount of characters which it is possible to use, along with other principles, Like never naming your horse following famous horses, might also apply.
Top Gelding and Stallion Names
Still need some inspiration? These horse names are great for geldings and stallions, and there are names here to match just about any personality.
Perfect Horse Name for your Equine
Male Horse Names
Researchers think that the earliest known relative of the horse would be a creature known as an ‘Eohippus’ which dwelt roughly 50 million decades back. Stallions are regal creatures and they also deserve classic horse titles that will last nearly as long since they’ve existed.
There are over 300 horse breeds in the world and, finally, we’ve got a title which may match every each of these!
- Aerosmith – an American rock band formed in Boston, Massachusetts
- Alejandro – a Greek word meaning defender or helper of mankind
- Atlanta – the capital and most populous city of US state of Georgia
- Aztec – a culture that flourished in Mexico from 1300 to 1521
- Bad News – because Bad News travels fast!
- Bandit – a robber or outlaw typically in a lawless area
- Beowulf – one of the most important old English epic poems
- Bounty – a sum paid for killing or capturing a criminal
- Brutus – the leading person in the assassination of Julius Caesar
- Clyde – Bonnie and Clyde were famous American criminals
- Frankel – British thoroughbred racehorse who was unbeaten in his career
- Mister Ed – a talking horse from an American television sitcom
- Sea Biscuit – the top money winning racehorse from the 1940s
- Secretariat – the first American Thoroughbred racehorse to win the Triple Crown
Unique Male Horse Names
Stallions are amazing monsters; every one appears to be this distinctive and grows its own character. Male horses tend to be tender towards individuals, but they also look after each other — at a bunch of horses, so at least will remain awake while others sleep to be on the lookout for any threat!
If only people could be this kind to each other… Take a Look at a Number of these Wonderful male horse titles below:
- Callen – Gaelic meaning powerful in battle
- Constantine – meaning constant and steadfast in Latin
- Eoghan – a Gaelic word for youth
- Jamshid – Muslim name meaning sun’s rays and light
- Karim – an Arabic name meaning generous or noble
- Ludovic – derives from the French word ‘Louis’, meaning illustrious fighter
- Oskar – German for ‘Oscar’, meaning champion warrior
- Stanislav – a very old given name of Slavic origin
- Vilhelm – Swedish moniker meaning determined protector
- Zakaria – an Arabic title meaning God has remembered
Strong Male Horse Names
Horses have been domesticated for more than 5000 decades, so we’ve had a very long time to consider some fantastic colt and horse titles for them.
Even the fastest horse listed has been moving at 55 miles , so obviously, they’re extremely powerful and strong creatures.
Colts will walk and even run a couple of hours after being born — is there anything that these animals can’t do!
A person’s teeth occupy more space inside their mind than their mind, so that they could eat a lot of hay simultaneously, they might not function as the brightest animals round.
But we’ve done the thinking of them by coming up with this record of powerful man horse titles for almost any colt or stallion alike.
- Cadillac – American car manufacturer that designs and builds luxury vehicles
- Chivalry – medieval knightly system of moral and social code
- Eagle – a large bird of prey
- Eldorado – the term used by the Spanish Empire to describe a myth
- Elusive – meaning difficult to find, catch or achieve
- Enigma – something mysterious and difficult to understand
- Excalibur – legendary sword of King Arthur
- Glory – high renown or honour won by notable achievements
- Gold Dust
- Guinness – a dark Irish dry stout
- Hall & Oates – a pun on the American pop rock duo
- Hercules – Roman hero and god famous for his strength and adventures
- Hot to Trot – meaning ready and eager to go
- Indiana – a US state in the Midwestern region
- Kentucky – a state located in the east south-central region
- Kryptonite – fictional material that appears in Superman stories
- Lancelot – one of the Knights of the Round Table
- Mercury – the smallest and innermost planet in the Solar System
- Nelson – after Horatio Nelson from the Battle of Trafalgar
- Neptune – the eighth and farthest planet from the Sun
- Nevada – a state in the Western United States
- Odysseus – legendary hero of Homer’s epic ‘The Odyssey’
- Shamrock – the national emblem of Ireland
Cool Male Horse Names
Were you aware horses could sleep standing and lying?!
That’s a cool hint we want we could perform, possibly once you need to stand around the train, subway or bus — though you would need to take care to not miss the stop!
Horses are also effective at almost watching 360 degrees at the same time since their eyes have been put in both sides of their mind (in actuality, they possess the biggest eyes of any land mammal).
They are able to do a lot of cool things that people could not even envision, so they certainly deserve a cool title .
Though, there are a number of ways we’re equally, horse hooves are produced with exactly the exact same protein which makes human fingernails and hair!
- Bullseye – the center of the target in sports
- Colorado – a state of the Western United States
- Duke – a member of royalty or nobility
- Lincoln – after Abraham Lincoln who served as the 16thpresident
- Paladin – meaning warrior in French
- Pandemonium – the capital of Hell in John Milton’s Paradise Lost
- Pharaoh – the monarchs of Ancient Egypt
- Phoenix – a long-lived bird in Greek mythology that regenerates
- Ringmaster – the person who directs a circus performance
- Sahara – the largest hot desert in the world
- Sheriff – a government official with varying duties
- Texas – the second largest state in the United States
- Thor – God of Thunder in Norse mythology
- Titan – the largest moon of Saturn
- Washington – Washington D.C. is the capital of the United States
White Male Horse Names
Were you aware the first cloned horse proved to be a Haflinger mare at Italy in 2003. You really must present your horse a fantastic name if there is the chance of cloning, along with yet another horse being known as that.
We are only joking, and it is unlikely your horse will probably be cloned, but we weren’t Curious about the significance of a fantastic title !
One horse breed that’s very likely to always be whiteblack and white, is still a’zebroid’, that can be really a zebra and a donkey swallowed together.
Zebras may also partner with donkeys and create’zonkeys’. Whilst these can seem like fictional species by a sci-fi film, here’s a listing of titles for almost any white stallion!
- Alaska – the largest state in the United States
- Aspen – Aspen Mountain is a ski area in the western United States
- Avalanche – perfect for a white horse
- Bacardi – originally known for the Bacardi white rum
- Buzz – a famous character from the Toy Story series
- Cinder – a rock similar to pumice that can float on water
- Icicle – a spike of ice formed when dripping water freezes
- Snow Storm
- Steed – a horse used or trained for riding
- Twilight – the period just before it becomes completely dark
- Verona – a city on the Adige river in Veneto, Italy
- Wrangler – a person in charge of horses or other livestock
- Yankee – meaning an inhabitant of New England
Male Horse Names and Meanings
Horses utilize their eyes, nostrils and ears to share their disposition. Hopefully, if naming your horse, you will understand a joyful saying from them instead of the usual disapproving one! Horses even’talk’ to one another through whinnying and neighing sounds!
Even the US horse business has an economic impact of about $40 billion yearly, therefore it is extremely important to present your gelding a fantastic name with a substantial meaning.
|Abelard||a small Colt from the ‘Ranger’s Apprentice’ series|
|Acorn||from the ‘Chaos Walking’ trilogy|
|Alfonso||from the ‘Pippi Longstocking’ series|
|Artax||from ‘The Neverending Story’|
|Azul||a blue Stallion from ‘The Alchemical Horseman’|
|Blackjack||from the ‘Percy Jackson’ series|
|Boxer||from ‘Animal Farm’|
|Capilet||from ‘Twelfth Night’|
|Florian||from ‘Florian, the Emperor’s Horse’|
|Flame||from ‘The Black Stallion’ series|
|Fru-Fru||from ‘Anna Karenina’|
|Gunpowder||from ‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’|
|Joey||from ‘War Horse’|
|Merrylegs||from ‘Black Beauty’|
|Pylon||from the ‘Dark Tower’ series|
|Red Hare||from ‘Romance of the Three Kingdoms’|
|Sunstorm||from ‘Ashleigh’s Hope’|
|Arod||Legolas’ Stud from ‘The Lord of the Rings’|
You will never know, these man horse titles can be convenient for another race you visit — that the winner may be appropriate here among each of these names.
Should you know somebody else who’s a horse lover such as us, then make sure you send this listing of names for them.
Do not forget to leave us a comment telling us the favourite selection or some we may have missed!