Are you a dog parent? If so, you will be concerned about keeping your dog happy and warm in winter conditions, it is time for best dog house heaters. There are many ways to keep your dog’s house warm.
A solar doghouse heater is the most economical and environmentally-friendly option. Each day, solar energy applications improve to make your life easier.
The solar engineers don’t forget comfort.
A solar doghouse heater is an excellent way to keep your dog happy and healthy. We’ll tell you why.
What is a Dog House Solar Heater System (or Dog House Solar Heater System)?
There are many dog breeds that can adapt to extreme temperatures. Your dog should not be left outside in cold conditions.
Dogs should be kept indoors at temperatures below 45°C. You are responsible for providing warmth for your dog when outside.
A dog heater is a great way to keep your pet warm and reduce your household’s carbon footprint.
These solar-powered dog houses heat with the sun’s ultraviolet light.
There are many ways to heat your dog.
Dogs who spend more time outside than indoors need shelter from the elements.
Winter months are especially important for dogs. Ensure your dog is comfortable and safe.
When temperatures dip below 45 degrees Fahrenheit (7 degrees Celsius), it’s time to install a dog house heater.
What is a Dog House Heater?
A dog house heater is any device that produces heat. It can be used for a whole dog house or just a portion of it. We’ll be sharing 6 types of dog house heaters currently on the market in this post.
- Electric heater box: This type can be mounted on the wall of your dog house or on top of a solid object. Electrical currents are converted into heat that can warm an entire area.
- Microwavable pad: This is a simple pad made from non-toxic materials that can be heated in the microwave. It’s fast, convenient and lasts over 8 hours, but it only heats one small spot. This is great for crates and puppy playpens.
- Light bulb space heater: This is a classic heating tool used for farm animals, reptiles and can also be used for dog houses. It comes in the form of a light bulb or a ceramic bulb that doesn’t emit light, which is easier on your dog’s eyes.
- Insulated dog house: If you live in a region known for bitter winters, a more permanent solution is to purchase a dog house built for the cold with thick, wooden and foam insulated walls, a doggie door, and a raised wooden floor. Learn all about heated dog houses here.
- Heated pad or bedding: This can be a thick, fleece-lined bed or a thin thermal pad that fits inside or under a fabric bed. Read more about Heated Dog Beds.
- Solar powered dog house heater: Take energy efficiency to the next level by building your own solar heater system with a solar panel, battery, and solar inverter.
Quality heaters will save you energy, keep your fur baby warm and be safe.
Remember that your dog’s well being comes first
Consider your dog’s breed, weight, and climate tolerance when choosing a heater.
If your dog’s temperature drops below 45 degrees Fahrenheit (or lower), you should be watching for discomfort. This can cause serious health problems. This could include shivering , anxiety whining or slowness.
It may be best for dogs with short coats, older dogs, or small dogs to bring them inside.
Our Top Ranked Dog House Heater for 2022
Electric dog house heater
#1 ClimateRight Heater and Fan
#2 Akoma Hound Heater Dog House Furnace
- 300-watt heating that heats up to 75 cubic ft.
- Thermostat-controlled (30 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Protective unit shield and spring cord for pet safety
It’s a simple heater for dogs, and it is designed to heat pet homes. You will need to drill a hole through the wall of your dog house in order to install the unit. Then, run the cord through the hole.
#3 DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Heater
- Heats from 750 watts to 1500 watts
- Includes an automatic tip-over “off” switch & thermal shut off that prevents overheating
- Carry handle and detachable wheels included for easy portability
- Remove the feet and hang it up on a wall or stand it up on a solid surface
Whether you’re looking for spot heating or a heat supplement, this sleek electric heater can be relied upon to keep your dog house toasty during the cold months.
#4 Cozy Products Safe Chicken Coop Pet Heater
#5 Snuggle Safe Pet Bed Microwave Heating Pad
#6 MOTA The Original MyWarmPet Heat Pad – Microwave Pet Heating Pad
#7 Arf Pets Microwavable Pet Heating Pad
- Provides up to 8 hours of warmth
- Disc-shaped gel-insert with removable/washable fleece lining
- No wires; just heat it up in the microwave for a few minutes
Another spot heating option, this microwave pad requires the same care and heating as the others we’ve listed. You warm it up in the microwave for a few minutes and then let your pet snuggle in.
#8 BYB Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter
Insulated dog house
#10 Dog Palace Large Dog House by ASL Solutions
#11 Pets Imperial® Extra Large Insulated Norfolk Wooden Dog Kennel
#13 K&H Pet Products Deluxe Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Bed
- Features an internal thermostat
- Includes removable bolster & soft, removable cover
- Small: 20 watts; Medium: 40 watts; Large: 60 watts
Plug this heated bed in and you won’t be able to tell it even gets hot. We mean that in the best way possible! It actually is providing a subtle, safe warmth that your dog will love.
#14 Aopet Dog Heating Pad Pet Electric Blanket Heater
How does a Dog House Solar Heater function?
If you only need a little heat to keep your dog warm in cold weather, a passive solar enclosure is an option. Passive solar enclosures are small greenhouses that attach to an existing dog house and retain heat during the day.
This heat will keep concrete floors warm. To keep the cold out, an insulated cover is placed over the greenhouse at night. If you have the tools and skills to do it yourself, this is a simple DIY project. This is an easier and less costly method.
This is only applicable if the climate is moderate. It can only add a little heat to keep your dog warm.
To avoid heating the dog house, keep the greenhouse completely covered during the summer using the above method. You will need to have a reliable source of heat if you live in an area that experiences significant temperature drops. You should consider a solar panel system for heating the dog house.
You will need skilled help to complete this project. If you are able to do it yourself, however, you can find tutorial videos. If the sun is shining on the roof of the dog house, solar panels can be installed.
Infrared radiation is captured by solar panels, and heat then passes through a heating system that’s filled with water.
You can add glycol to water to prevent water freezing in winter. The heated water is then pumped to a webbing and inserted underneath the thermal mass.
In other words, the concrete floor is created by laying a grid of solar tubes in the foundation and then covering it with cement.
The pump ceases to work when the sun sets, and the heated thermal mass will keep your dog warm through the cold nights.
The solar heat can be used to keep the pet’s water warm and the thermal mass warm.
Solar energy is being used by some to power fans, cameras and auto-food dispensers in the dog houses. A dog house solar heater can be a worthwhile investment.
There are many reasons to buy a dog house solar heater
- Get involved in helping the world go green.
Because solar energy is renewable, it does not have any negative effects on the environment. If you are looking to give back to the environment, it is a smart decision to get your household powered with solar energy. Dogs love their furry companions so why not bring them along to help with this cause?
- You can save money and still enjoy luxury.
It may seem expensive to invest in a solar dog house heater at first. It will pay off in the long-term. You will be able to enjoy lower utility bills after the short payback period. You can keep your dog happy without spending a fortune!
If you want your dog to be happy and healthy, and you’re environmentally conscious, then a solar dog house heater system might be the best choice.
This heater will keep your dog safe, warm, and comfortable while also making it more affordable over the life of the owner. There are many models of dog house heaters on the market. We believe we have provided the best option for your needs.